Three Dead Following Indonesia Soccer Match

The evidence of the beatings has been secured in the Central Jakarta Police Station.

Senin, 28 Mei 2012, 12:53 Desy Afrianti, Luqman Rimadi
(VIVAnews/Fernando Randy)


VIVAnews – Three people died from beatings following a soccer match in the Indonesia's capital of Jakarta on Sunday, May 27. 

Head of Operations Unit of Jakarta Police Civil Service Unit, Darwis Silitonga, said the first victim was identified as Lazuardi alias Azu, 29, a resident of Jalan Menteng Sukabumi RT 07/03 Menteng, Central Jakarta. 

Meanwhile, two other victims have yet to be identified. Both were male, aged 28 and 16. Darwis said the incident started when Lazuardi and another victims as well their friends were sitting down in front of Senayan swimming pool at 5 PM.  

“Five minutes later the victims were separated and joined the Jakmania Menteng group,” said Darwis, on Monday. 

The victims, who did not wear any of Jakmania attributes, helped arousing the suspicion of other supporters wearing the attributes. In an instant, both parties were into arguments. The victims were allegedly accused as Persib Bandung supporters, commonly known as the Vikings.

“He was beaten by other Jakmania supporters. The victim was hit with road cone blocks and wooden beams,” he said.  

The evidence of the beatings has been secured in the Central Jakarta Police Station.

The victims suffered serious injuries in the back of their heads as well as concussion, resulting one death while another was in critical condition.  

The victims were immediately rushed to RSCM by one of the members of Tanah Abang Police Station, Reza Hamdan R.  However, upon arriving at the hospital, Lazuardi passed away due to severe bleeding.  His body had been taken by his family from the hospital. 

Based on the information gathered, eight people became victims of the beatings after the Indonesian Super League match between Persija Jakarta and Persib Bandung. Three died while five others injured.  Two photographers also suffered injuries due to firecrackers thrown inside the stadium. 

Of the five injured victims, one is suffering severe injuries and still hospitalized in RSCM.  The victim is Renaldi (28).  Four others were rushed to Mintohardjo Navy Hospital.  Three have been discharged from the hospital, while one is still hospitalized.


© VIVA.co.id   |   Share :  

Anda harus login untuk mengirimkan komentar

Contact Us | About Us | Disclaimer | Job Opportunities
Copyright © 2014 PT. VIVA Media Baru - News & Community Portal